Facts, Figures and Research Notes
Australia's Building and Construction industry employs over 350,000 people and contributes more than $45 billion to Australia's economy. It’s therefore little surprise that such activity generates countless thousands of individual data sets rich with facts and figures on virtually every facet of the industry.
Aside from HIA’s suite of regular economic publications, HIA has a large and regularly updated archive of data to assist HIA members and non-members in understanding the in’s and out’s of the industry.
Below are examples of some basic facts and figures and if we can assist you with any data needs, please send an email clearly outlining what you require to firstname.lastname@example.org (All emails are actioned within 2 working days of receipt).
Click on the headings to download a PDF
- Little Housing Focus in Federal Budget - Federal Budget 2013/14 - May 2013
- Federal Budget 2012/13 - May 2012
- Spring Outlook Snapshot - October 2012
- Monetary Policy and Mortgage Interest rates in 2012 - February 2013
- Industry Performance to 2008/09
- Australia's Population Growth - Current Trends - February 2013
- Housing Sentiment and Activity - September 2012
- The Henry Taxation Review and the Housing Industry - June 2010
- New Home Commencements, Australia - September 2012
- New Home Commencement, State and Territories - September 2012
- Federal, State and Local Government Taxes on Housing - April 2012
- Households by Tenure - 2012
- Stamp Duty on Conveyances - January 2012
- Perspectives on Australian House Prices - March 2013
- Residential Building Approvals - still a mixed bag - February 2013
- Conditions in the Residential Construction Industry - November 2012
- Australian Dwelling Prices - August 2011
- Sales Activity, House Prices and New Housing - May 2011